Change location and criteria
- Residential Only
- Learning Disabilities
- Short Stay
- Long Stay
Craegmoor HealthcareLeave a review
- Retain Own GP
- Residents Can Bring Their Own Furniture
- Telephone Point in Room
- Independent Living Training
- Near Public Transport
- Ground Floor Accommodation Only
- Wheelchair Access
- Nurse Call System
- TV Point in Room
- Caters For Special Diets
- Near Shops
- Activities and Excursions
- Internet in own accommodation
- Residents Garden
Resident or Visiting Professionals
- Speech Therapist
- Specialist Nurses
- Occupational Therapist
The Foam supports 3 adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. We offer quality support, which is based on respect for each individual and their right to make choices about the support they receive. We do everything we can to improve the health and wellbeing of the individuals we support and as a team we are focused on building positive outcomes for everyone.
Overview of Service
The Foam supports 3 adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. We offer quality support, which is based on respect for each individual and their right to make choices about the support they receive.
Individuals are encouraged to pursue and retain their own interests. 1:1 support is provided, where required, and all activities are arranged to meet individual needs.
The Foam promotes Craegmoor's communication strategy, "Your Voice", which encourages individuals, based on their preferred method of communication, to voice their views about the care and support they receive. Monthly meetings are held where individuals are able to represent the views and voices of others living at The Foam.
What it's Like to Live Here
There are a wide range of daily activities to get involved with at The Foam - both in and out of the service - which are planned and decided by individuals living there. Many enjoy swimming, ten-pin bowling, playing bingo, shopping, or going for a drink at the local pub.
Some individuals attend college courses; including music, art, communication, speech, cooking, relaxation, arts and crafts, dancing and gardening.
The Foam is situated in Dymchurch, with easy access to local shops and amenities. It is just yards away from the unspoilt beaches of Dymchurch.
The service is surrounded by large, well kept gardens and a patio area, allowing people plenty of space.
Some people use the kitchen to make themselves teas, coffees or cold drinks. Individuals are also encouraged and supported to keep their rooms tidy and to do their own personal washing. Families are invited to come to the house and their support is valued by all at The Foam.
Our aim is to help service users to become as independent as possible with their personal care - this can be with the involvement of the occupational therapist working within our service.
We also provide support to assist service users with:
- Shopping for personal items as part of the skills development programme
- Managing medication
- Managing money
- Cooking and menu planning
- Going on holiday
- Helping to learn and manage other household tasks
- Learning new skills and gaining in confidence
- Finding employment opportunities within the community - either paid or voluntary
- Joining in with community activities such as college
- Having a social life and making friends
- Getting out and about
- Assistance at night if required with a staff member available to provide support during the night
- Managerial or senior support during the night if required
- If more help is required a further assessment will be completed involving the family or advocate and the social worker/community nurse