Change location and criteria
- Residential Only
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health Conditions
- Short Stay
- Long Stay
Craegmoor HealthcareLeave a review
- Retain Own GP
- Residents Can Bring Their Own Furniture
- Telephone Point in Room
- Independent Living Training
- Near Public Transport
- Wheelchair Access
- Nurse Call System
- En-Suite Facilities
- TV Point in Room
- Caters For Special Diets
- Near Shops
- Activities and Excursions
- Internet in own accommodation
- Residents Garden
Resident or Visiting Professionals
- Speech Therapist
- Specialist Nurses
- Occupational Therapist
Melling Acres provides specialist intensive support for 18 people with learning disabilities, complex needs, challenging behaviour and associated mental health problems.
Melling Acres is an intensive residential service with step-down facilities that enables people with high level needs to develop a greater degree of personal autonomy. We provide intensive, 24-hour support in an environment that is safe, warm and conducive to rehabilitation and personal growth. Everyone has their own individual support plan, guided by a comprehensive enablement and risk assessment, which provides measurable outcomes agreed with the individual, their support staff and key stakeholders.
"Our aim is to deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment that will lead to more independent living, with the minimum support required, and a related, staged reduction in fees."
Who we support
- Men and women aged 18 and over
- People with learning disabilities, complex needs, challenging behaviour and associated mental health problems
- People with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- People moving from secure to community settings
Melling Acres has been recently refurbished and offers robust, low arousal accommodation, which exceed the latest standards and has been designed to minimise risk and provide a therapeutic environment.
The site is located in a peaceful, rural location in the village of Melling, and is set in three acres of private gardens and woodlands, with vegetable plots and woodland paths.
It is 2 miles from the towns of Kirkby and Maghull, with local shops, supermarket, banks, health centre, a leisure park and good public transport links to Liverpool and the seaside town of Southport.
- Melling House – seven-bedded male only house with three single en-suite bedrooms, four en-suite studio apartments and spacious communal areas
- Melling Lodge – three-bedded female only bungalow with three single en-suite bedrooms and communal rooms including a sensory/relaxation room
- Melling Mews – two two-bedroom cottages and four individual apartments with their own private gardens, enabling us to develop individual services for 8 people who may need to live independently, with varying levels of staff support and assistive technology
- Highly-skilled in-house team of NVQ-qualified support staff, experienced in managing challenging behaviour and complex needs
- Supported by an external multidisciplinary team, including an occupational therapist, behavioural psychologist and specialists in autism, learning disabilities, behaviour and mental health
- Ongoing staff development programme providing specialist training in working with people moving from secure settings
Therapies & activities
- Focus on the development of social skills, personal responsibility and independent living skills
- Daily activities programme based on individual interests and abilities
Opportunities to participate in a wide variety of community-based activities including college courses, work placements and social activities